Narcissistic Abuse Rehab welcomes pitches from freelance contributors. If we are interested in pursuing the story, we will follow up.
We are lookin for pitches that feature original reporting and research. Personal essays are also welcome.
How to pitch
- To submit a pitch, use the form on our contact page, include the word “pitch” in the subject line.
- Your pitch should be 2–4 paragraphs in length and as specific as possible.
- Please include when applicable a thesis, context, why your proposed piece is important, existing research sources, potential interview subjects and expected word length
- You’re may also submit full-length, previously unpublished article. When submitting, please include information on the piece in the body of the email.
- Please review our code of ethics prior to submission.
- We aim to respond to pitches within two weeks.
All Contributors must comply with the following criteria:
- The post you submit must be your own original work. The post has not been published on any other website, magazine, newspaper, forum, chat or social media network.
- To ensure the highest quality information for our audience, articles must contain accurate, fact-checked, verifiable sources from academic or peer-reviewed publications. Other acceptable sources are academic journals, books from established publishing houses, mainstream magazines and newspapers, and digital publications by professional writers.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab does not publish original research.
- Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please make sure to properly cite your source.
- Posts will acknowledge your authorship, but will be the property of Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- Once the post has been submitted to Narcissistic Abuse Rehab you may not publish it anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website or blog.
- If we use your post, you may promote it on your own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting does not mean you share the entire article on these forums. You may include a link to your post and a short sentence or two explaining what the article is about.
- Submissions should be kept between 800 – 1500 words. Longer posts are allowed if it is necessary and relevant, but the final length of the article is decided by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- Affiliate links shall not be included in contributor post submissions.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
- Contributors will receive writing credit as author of their post.
- Contributors may submit a short bio statement (no more than 50 words) that may or may not be used at the beginning of the article.
- Contributors will be allowed to link to their website and social media within their author page. However no link may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site. If there is not an appropriate profile for linking, only a name will be provided. Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to remove the author acknowledgement link within Narcissistic Abuse Rehab sole discretion.
- Contributors must provide a photo for their author profile.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab does not pay for submissions. If you decide to submit a post to our site, you do so with the knowledge that you shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the post or for any other compensation related to the post.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab welcomes images and/or video to accompany your guest post as long as they meet the following requirements:
- The Contributor must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
- If people are included in the image/video, then the Guest Post writer must provide a written release allowing use of likeness.
- Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab will share and promote the Contributor Post on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
- Links to any third-party site must be relevant to the topic and approved by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliated or spam related will be removed at the discretion of Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
- All Contributor Posts are reviewed and approved by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab prior to posting.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to edit Guest Posts where necessary.
- Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to refuse publication of remove a Contributor Post without prior notice to the Contributor.
- By providing a Contributor Post to Narcissistic Abuse Rehab, you agree that you are in no way becoming a part of the website, nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the Narcissistic Abuse Rehab website.
- If a Contributor Post submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, Narcissistic Abuse Rehab will let you know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later date. Narcissistic Abuse Rehab will review your submissions in a timely manner. Narcissistic Abuse Rehab reserves the right to refuse publication of any Contributor Post.
By submitting a Contributor Post to Narcissistic Abuse Rehab, you agree than you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it.