In Episode 21 of the Narcissistic Abuse Rehab Podcast, we delve into the topic ‘Julie Levine: A Coercive Control Advocate Battles A Rare Form of Cancer,’ and the disturbing similarities between Julie and Catherine Kassenoff’s experiences of coercive control, child custody in the Westchester Family Court, and adverse health outcomes.
Like Catherine, Julie has allegedly suffered from years of cruel post-separation abuse from her ex-husband, Robert Levine, President of FoodDirect, whose treatment of Julie was found to be “cruel and inhuman” by the court. After Julie’s escape, she says Robert has withheld the financial judgement she won 20 years ago and made good on his promise that she would be forever estranged from her children, Jared and Jason.
Julie has spent the last two decades advocating for survivors. However after decades of stress and heartache, she was diagnosed with MPN (Myeloproliferative neoplasms), a rare blood cancer. Please donate at GoFundMe to help Julie today.
About Julie Levine
Julie Levine is an artist and school teacher. She is also a blogger and a contributing writer at Narcissistic Abuse Rehab. For many years, she has been a dedicated advocate for coercive control legislation in New York and New Jersey.
Learn more about Julie at Until You Say Uncle Again.
- Julie Levine’s story
- Similarities to Catherine Kassenoff’s story
- Post-separation abuse
- Parent-child estrangement
- Financial abuse
- Vexatious Litigation
- The link between coercive control and cancer
- The systemic abuse of coercive control survivors
Where to Listen
The Narcissistic Abuse Rehab Podcast airs on these fine podcast platforms.
- Amazon Music
- Apple Podcast
- Castbox Podcast
- Google Podcast
- Listen Notes
- Overcast Podcast
- Pocket Podcast
- Podcast Addict
- Podcast Index
- Radio Public
– Wakefield, M (2023, February 18). ‘PTSD + Depression Comorbidity Increase Risk of Mortality In Women.’ Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
– Levine, J. (2020) ‘The Use of Isolation in Coercive Control.’ Narcissistic Abuse Rehab.
– Reingle Gonzaleza, J.M., Jetelinaa, K.K., Olaguea, S., Olaguea, J.G. (2018) Violence against women increases cancer diagnoses: Results from a meta-T analytic review. Preventative Medicine. Pages 168-179.
– Cumming, C. (2018) West Orange Resident Being Sued For 10 Million Dollars By Ex-Husband. Tap Into West Orange.
– Cumming, C. (2023) Former West Orange Resident & Inspirational Volunteer Diagnosed with Rare Blood Cancer Needs Help. Tap Into West Orange.
– Julie Levine v. Robert Levine, NY Slip Op 19284 [2 AD3d 498] December 8, 2003 Appellate Division, Second Department As corrected through Published by New York State Law Reporting Bureau pursuant to Judiciary Law § 431.
Every effort has been made to present accurate and verifiable information. Listeners are encouraged to conduct their own research to further understand Julie’s journey and the challenges she and other coercive control survivors faces in their battle against cancer. Narcissistic Abuse Rehab takes no responsibility for any actions or decisions made based on the information provided in this episode.