Harve Pierre, former president of Bad Boy Records under Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, is strongly repudiating the allegations of sex trafficking and gang rape made in a law suit filed by Jane Doe on December 6, 2023.
* Trigger Warning: This article discusses sensitive topics. Reader discretion is advised. *
Mr. Pierre, Diddy, a third assailant, Daddy’s House Recordings, Inc, and Bad Boy Entertainment were named as defendants in the law suit. In response, Mr. Pierre provided the following statement to TMZ:
“This is a tale of fiction. I have never participated in, witnessed, nor heard of anything like this, ever. These disgusting allegations are false and a desperate attempt for financial gain. I will vigorously protect my reputation and defend my name. Those who know me recognize that these claims are not true.”
Three days have passed since news of the lawsuit made headlines worldwide. So far, no friends, family members, or colleagues have come forward to vouch for the good character of Diddy or Mr. Pierre despite their broad contact network.
The Purpose of the Harve Pierre’s Statement
Harve Pierre’s statement may sound outraged, but it is actually a standard defense strategy. It contests the allegations using a three prong approach:
- Deny: Rejection of knowledge or involvement in the alleged events.
- Discredit: Labeling the allegations as false.
- Deflect: Suggesting the accuser is driven by avarice instead of genuinely seeking of justice.
It may appear implausible that a someone of his age and experience had “never heard of anything like this ever.” After all, Mr. Pierre was the president of a successful record label and was immersed in a notoriously hedonistic social circle. He is a sophisticated man of the world, not a demure ingénue.
Details of Jane Doe’s Lawsuit
In 2003, Mr. Pierre allegedly lured a Detroit minor onto a private jet to join him and Diddy for a recording session in NYC. There, Jane Doe asserts the men took turns sexually assaulting her in the studio bathroom. The lawsuit further alleges that during the assaults, Mr. Pierre smoked crack cocaine from a Pepsi can. Jane Doe’s legal team has released several photographs showing her in the studio with Diddy to corroborate her allegations.
Multiple Sexual Assault Lawsuits
Jane Doe is the fourth person to accuse Diddy of sexual assault since Cassie Ventura filed and settled her case with Diddy. The following list includes lawsuits and allegations made prior to Ms. Ventura’s action:
- May 08, 2017: Cindy Rueda, Combs’ personal chef, filed a lawsuit in the Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Los Angeles. She accused him of sexual harassment. The matter was settled out of court.
- July 15, 2019: Gina Huynh, an ex-girlfriend of Combs, revealed in an interview that she experienced physical abuse from him.
- November 16, 2023: Cassie Ventura filed a lawsuit against him on November 16, 2023. Mr. Ventura’s account details such depraved acts that a trigger warning was necessary.
- November 23, 2023: Joi Dickerson Neal filed a sexual lawsuit against Diddy, claiming that he drugged and raped her in 1991. She also alleges Diddy video taped the assault and subjected her to revenge porn.
- November 23, 2023: Liza Gardner alleges that Diddy and Aaron Hall took turns raping her at Uptown Records in the early 1990s.
Like Mr. Pierre, Diddy denies any wrongdoing.